Offline Yuen-Ming

• Respect: +131
Re:ZhongQi nella pratica del tjq
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:44 am »

Offline Kufù

• Non prendetemi sul serio
  • Respect: +983
  • Pratico: rievocazione storica, soprattutto Taiji
Giovane furbino io rispondo agli uomini di paglia con gli uomini di paglia, per il sano principio di non sprecare energie inutili. Nel senso che la puzza di sviamento la sento a km, specie perche' ci conosciamo da un sacco e non spreco energie quando fai le nubi d'inchiostro.

Offline Yuen-Ming

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 11:54:41 am »
hai ritrovato il tuo amico

Un vero amico, si, che riesce ad ottenere ovunque gli stessi profondi riscontri di "amicizia" :)

YM

Offline Ván

• Respect: +1
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »
Bhe, secondo me ha avuto in risposta il miglior consiglio possibile.
In ogni caso suppongo che in certe circostanze valga il ''chi sa non parla, chi parla non sa.''
suddently... life has new meaning.

insetto

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 13:02:35 pm »

Offline TAI-GA

• Respect: +1
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 16:21:06 pm »

Go practice.

:D :D :D :D

quando l'infimo dotto apprende il Tao | se ne fa grandi risate: | se non fosse deriso non sarebbe degno d'essere il Tao. (XLI, Parinetto)

Offline Takuanzen

• Respect: +913
  • Pratico: BJJ (principiante), sperimentazione marziale e atletica casalinga
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 09:36:55 am »
Una cosa un po' curiosa (eh sì - anche le rime interne :P ): ho di fronte a me il numero di Marzo 2011 della rivista ufficiale dell'Associazione Cheng Ming di Taiwan - rivista bilingue, cinese-inglese.

Tra i vari articoli, ve n'è uno che si intitola: [...]健身气功中气的[...]. Traslitterando: [...] jianshen qigong zhongqi de [...]

La traduzione in inglese del titolo recita: "[...]of breath in fitness qigong[...]". Dove "breath", cioè, in italiano, "respiro", traduce "zhongqi".

Un bel ginepraio...

EDIT: anche se poi, a ben vedere, "respiro" si dice "huxi", o "huxiqi"... e qui ci perdiamo nel capogiro delle traduzioni da una lingua all'altra...

Ri-EDIT: tenete presente che sulla tastiera ho solo i caratteri semplificati, a Taiwan scrivono con i tradizionali...  :'(

Ho letto stamattina l'articolo di cui parla Beppe nella traduzione in inglese (perchè non so il cinese, quindi non so dirvi di più... :-[) e l'unico passo dove parla di "Zong Qi", lo definisce solamente come uno dei tanti nomi (sinonimi?), presenti nella Medicina Cinese, per descrivere il qi nel corpo umano, a seconda delle differenti funzioni dimostrate. Naturalmente non specifica la specifica funzione a cui è collegato ogni termine: sembra quasi che sia un'acquisizione culturale data per scontato. L'impressione di Beppe è corretta dal mio punto di vista. O almeno, io l'ho interpretato, magari erroneamente così. Ecco la frase:

"Therefore, in Chinese medicine, the qi in human body acquired varying names, such as Vitality, True Breath, Zong Qi, Constructive Energy, Defensive Energy, and Five Organ Qi, for different functions it outwardly demonstrates."

:)

Offline Yuen-Ming

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 15:07:22 pm »
Ottimo post di WYZD su RSF:

Quote from: Wuyizidi
Traditionally people say Taiji Quan contains ideas of Five Elements and Eight Trigrams.  Here the five elements are mapped to the 5 types of footwork/positions.  One of these is Zhong Ding (中定).  Zhong Ding means central equilibrium or maintaining balance and stability.  In practical terms this means keeping the central axis of the body stable.  That way at any given moment, your body can perform whatever movement is required.  To do Zhong Ding we need to be in Zhong Zheng (中正 centered and upright, neutral).  It's very hard for the mind to be calm when the body is in chaos.  When the torso is centered and upright, as when we're just standing regularly, not only do we have maximum stability, we also have maximum agility (the ability to make quick and nimble changes):  every joint in the spine there is maximum allowable range of motion.  If we lean in any direction, not only is there less space in the joint(s) in that direction, but the muscles on the opposite of the body needs to do extra work just to prevent us from falling over.  Obviously in such a position we have less than full range of options when dealing with incoming forces, or we'd be too slow (redress balance issue first, then move).

The traditional version of this explanation says the function of zhong ding is to keep zhong qi (central qi) quiet and stable.  In our group at least, we say we don't know what exactly qi is, but we can say it's an overall feeling of energy, much like feeling of balance.  When the body is centered, balanced, in neutral position, the overall feeling is that of comfort, calmness, and relaxation.  We experience balance directly as an actual feeling.  Whenever we lose balance unexpectedly, we don't have to consciously observe various body parts and then think, "okay, this part is out too far, I need to reach out with opposite limb to restore the balance..."  We have a very clear feeling inside of excesses and deficiencies in our current position, we have an overwhelming desire to correct it, we know instinctively which ways to move, our body react naturally to solve the problem.

A lot of times when pushing with my teacher, I see him in what looked to be an extreme position (leaning way back, like we're expressly forbidden to do in practice), but somehow he remains upright.  When asked how he could do that, the answer is, with enough practice using the correct form, we develop a very strong internal sense of balance.  Eventually we can maintain balance by observing and manipulating the experience of that feeling (qi) directly.  "Outside my body may look to be bent, but inside I feel straight.  As long as I can maintain that feeling, I'm okay".   So finally Zhong Ding should be like that. So we say "correct movement leads to correct feeling, finally we just use that feeling directly.  As long as we have that correct feeling inside, even if we break some rules outside, it's okay.  But if you never practice with correct alignment, you never develop that feeling in the first place."

For advanced practitioners of martial art, on a larger scale this is basically how they fight: I feel the rush of his energy here, it's a very heavy feeling, it would be too difficult to struggle against him here, but that other spot feels light and easy, so let me go there, and solve the problem that way, etc. 

This is not something mysterious and unique to martial art.  Take driving: after you have mastered the basic mechanics, when you see a car ahead of you in another lane veering into yours, you feel the danger, you instinctively, instantly manipulate your car to a place where you feel safe.  So we say at level of mastery, consciousness processing occurs at higher levels (spirit, feelings, etc), rather than lower levels (to avoid car I need to reduce speed, to reduce speed I need to brake, to brake I need to press down with left foot, ....).  What you think/feel is instantaneously translated into correct action.  We say martial art fighting at high level is like this.  This is one reason high level masters are deceptively fast, so many things are so natural and automatic for them, they do very little conscious thinking.  So the entire chain of event from sensing what is happening to doing what is appropriate takes very little time.  We all do this for many very complex tasks in everyday life, hopefully we can achieve similar level of mastery for fighting as well :)

YM